Welcome to the Evergreen Cultural Centre job posting board.
The Evergreen Cultural Centre, located in Coquitlam City Centre, houses a 257-seat studio theatre, art gallery, rehearsal studio and several artist studios to showcase its programs and those of the community. Its mission is to be known as the choice cultural destination by providing the community with engaging, quality entertainment, exhibitions and arts programs in a welcoming environment.
VISUAL ARTS MANAGER
Applications due: August 7, 2017, 5:00 pm
Remuneration: Salary and benefits package is offered.
Start Date: August 21, 2017
Working in collaboration with the management team and under the direction of the Executive Director:
Curatorial Responsibilities: The Visual Art Program Manager will propose, develop, curate and organize exhibitions for the ongoing exhibition programming of the society, attend artist studio tours, and select art for exhibition, develop an educational component to amplify exhibitions throughout the year through writing and installation of exhibition didactic text and labels as required.
Program Development: Develop programs for the Evergreen Cultural Centre that increases visual literacy and supports appreciation for interdisciplinary forms of expression. Develop distinctive programming of an educational nature that are unique and specialized in nature and will appeal to diverse audiences – both culturally and age wise.
Design tours and workshops that enhance gallery exhibitions and that compliment the Ministry Fine Arts curricula for school students. Possess practical pedagogical experience. Ensure continued partnership within School District 43, and other neighboring school districts.
Assist with the promotion of the performing arts workshops jointly with visual arts programs during off-site visits, meetings and through other methods of distribution. Supervise instructors and volunteers, and take responsibility for security and cleanliness of facility when required by program activities.
Required knowledge and abilities:
- Completion of a university degree in a related discipline, plus experience in arts programming and as an art curator.
- Experience in report writing and budget preparation and strong oral and written communication skills.
- Sound knowledge of the methods, practices and procedures involved in the development and promotion of fine art programs.
- Solid organizational, interpersonal and problem solving skills and have the ability to work independently.
- Must be a creative, detail oriented individual with strong knowledge and experience in art education theories and practices.
- Acquainted with applicable community based resources in the Vancouver area and have an established list of contacts for the necessary curatorial considerations.
- A valid BC driver’s license
- Familiarity with computer applications (Word, Excel, etc) is required.
Please submit your cover letter and resume by email no later than Friday, August 4 (5pm) to:
Jon-Paul Walden, Executive Director
Evergreen Cultural Centre, 1205 Pinetree Way, Coquitlam V3B 7Y3
The Evergreen Cultural Centre wishes to thank all applicants for their interest and advises that only those to be interviewed will be contacted.