Welcome to the Evergreen Cultural Centre job posting board.
The Evergreen Cultural Centre, located in Coquitlam City Centre, houses a 257-seat studio theatre, art gallery, rehearsal studio and several artist studios to showcase its programs and those of the community. Its mission is to be known as the choice cultural destination by providing the community with engaging, quality entertainment, exhibitions and arts programs in a welcoming environment.
Applications due: Tuesday, July 4, 2017, 5:00 pm
Hours: 10 hours/week (5.5 hours on Saturdays; 4.5 hours on Sundays)
Salary: $15.00 per hour (plus 4% holiday pay)
Start Date: Immediately
The Evergreen Cultural Centre (ECC) seeks an outgoing and enthusiastic Gallery Assistant to support
the development and delivery of the Art Gallery at Evergreen’s (AGE) exhibition, public engagement
and education programs. Under the direction of the Curator/Visual Arts Manager, and with the
support of volunteer Gallery Attendants, the Assistant will create a welcoming and informative
experience for gallery visitors. The Assistant will provide essential administrative, research and
logistical support for current and upcoming exhibition, education and public engagement programs.
The Assistant will develop and run monthly Westminster Savings Family Days art activities. The
Assistant will also participate in the research and development of various marketing and
• Monitor the gallery and the work of volunteer Gallery Attendants.
• Manage, and develop gallery physical and electronic mail lists.
• Record and manage attendance records.
• Support fundraising initiatives with research and coordination of solicitation campaigns.
• Perform exhibition research as required by the Curator.
• Manage exhibition archives.
• Develop and deliver Westminster Savings Family Day activities under the direction of the
• Develop and lead weekly periodic exhibition tours related to AGE exhibitions.
• Provide exhibition research assistance and administrative support to the Curator.
• Provide research assistance and administrative support to the Curator/Visual Arts and Education
Managers on the development of education and public engagement activities.
• General administrative duties will include data entry; monitoring office and telephones; upkeep
files and other relevant information.
The candidate will be a personable, creative, and resourceful individual with a demonstrated
knowledge of contemporary visual arts, and an interest in public engagement in the arts. The
candidate will have the experience the ability to engage with visitors of all ages and backgrounds.
The position demands that the candidate have excellent written and verbal communication skills and
organizational skills. The position also requires the ability to complete tasks with minimal
supervision and to take initiative. The candidate must possess or be prepared to obtain a valid
criminal record check. First aid training is an asset.
Please submit your cover letter and resume by email to:
Gregory Elgstrand, Curator/Visual Arts Manager
Evergreen Cultural Centre, 1205 Pinetree Way, Coquitlam V3B 7Y3
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. No telephone calls please.
Visual Arts Education Specialist
Applications due: Friday 28 July 2017, 5:00 PM
Hours: Part-Time, Casual
Salary: $28-$30 per hour depending on experience plus 12% in lieu of benefits
The Evergreen Cultural Centre in Coquitlam seeks an artist/educator to join our faculty in the position of Visual Arts Education Specialist for the 2017/18 school year. We are looking for an innovative, creative, visual arts professional who is passionate about the arts and conversant in the history, theories, and techniques of traditional, modern, contemporary art, and, more generally, of creative processes. Under the direction of the Education Coordinator, the Visual Arts Education Specialist will participate in the development, delivery and teaching of visual arts education programs to K-12 students through the Polygon/Evergreen Arts Education Program. The Specialist will also have the opportunity to develop and lead public engagement programs and spring and summer arts camps. The Specialist will participate in education program information and planning sessions for each of the Art Gallery at Evergreen’s exhibitions.
- Work with the Education Coordinator on conceptual and curriculum development of relevant programs for students from kindergarten through grade twelve to ensure consistent and exceptional quality within all education programs.
- Oversee activities of education program volunteers.
- Lead tours of Art Gallery at Evergreen exhibitions utilizing interactive teaching methods and practices.
- Teach and facilitate student participants in hands-on studio activities in a variety of different media.
- Participate in the preparation and maintenance of program equipment, supplies, and facilities.
- Occasionally teach in-school educational activities as required.
- Opportunity to lead week-long camps in the spring and summer.
- Ensure the physical safety of student participants during tours and studio activities.
- Participate in programming and scheduling meetings with the Education Coordinator and Visual Arts Manager (approximately 2-3 hours per month).
The Visual Arts Education Specialist is a professional with a post-secondary degree in fine arts, art history, education or related discipline with emphasis on contemporary visual culture and will possess:
- Experience with, or comprehensive knowledge of, visual arts techniques including drawing, painting, three-dimensional media (mixed-media, paper construction, ceramics, &c.)
- Demonstrated proficiency or experience in public engagement and educational program planning and delivery in the visual arts for student participants between the ages of 5 and 18 years.
- An extensive knowledge of current trends in all forms of contemporary art, related cultural practices and audience development strategies.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills one-on-one and with large groups of student participants (Average of 25-30 at one time).
- Capable of lifting loads up to 10 kg
- The demonstrated ability to work with audiences and participants of all ages and backgrounds.
- Access to an automobile and a valid BC driver’s license an asset.
- Ability to communicate in French is an asset.
Applicants should submit a letter of intent with a current resume to the attention of Gregory Elgstrand, Visual Arts Manager, Art Gallery at Evergreen, Evergreen Cultural Centre, 1205 Pinetree Way, Coquitlam, BC V3B 7Y3, via e-mail: email@example.com or fax at 604.927.6559 no later than 17:00 (5:00 PM) Friday 28 July 2017. Only those applicants selected for interviews will be contacted. For further information, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
No telephone calls please.