Welcome to the Evergreen Cultural Centre job posting board.
The Evergreen Cultural Centre, located in Coquitlam City Centre, houses a 257-seat studio theatre, art gallery, rehearsal studio and several artist studios to showcase its programs and those of the community. Its mission is to be known as the choice cultural destination by providing the community with engaging, quality entertainment, exhibitions and arts programs in a welcoming environment.
Curatorial Assistant (YOUNG CANADA WORKS PROGRAM)
Applications due: Thursday, May 25, 2017, 5:00pm
Length of employment: 12 weeks
Hours: 35 hours/week (Monday to Friday)
Salary: $16.00 per hour
Start Date: Monday, June 5, 2017
End Date: Friday, August 27, 2017
The Art Gallery at Evergreen (AGE) at the Evergreen Cultural Centre in Coquitlam seeks a Curatorial Assistant to support the development and delivery of the AGE’s exhibition, public engagement and education programs. The Curatorial Assistant will participate in the research, development and delivery of the AGE’s summer 2017 and 2017/2018 programming, marketing and communications activities and assume a leading role in the development AGE’s collections management strategies and plans. The Assistant will contribute to the successful presentation of the AGE’s Canada 150 programming.
The Curatorial Assistant will work closely with the Curator to support the development and delivery of the AGE’s 2017/2018 exhibition, public engagement and education programs and undertake several tasks including:
- Supporting the continued development of the AGE’s digital and physical programming information architecture.
- Contributing writing and editing services towards the preparation of the AGE’s 2017/2018 exhibition materials.
- Providing research assistance and administrative support to the Curator on the development of upcoming development of programs for the AGE’s 2017/2018 exhibitions and public engagement activities.
- Assisting with the development and delivery of the AGE’s marketing and communications initiatives.
- Conducting research and developing plans for acquisitions, registration and collections management.
- Providing support for the Evergreen’s summer arts camp activities with the Public Programming Coordinator.
- General administrative duties.
The Curatorial Assistant will be a graduate in Fine Arts, Curatorial and Critical Studies, Art History, Interactive Arts, History or related field and will possess:
- Demonstrated knowledge of current contemporary Canadian and international artistic trends.
- Exceptional communications skills
- Exceptional organization skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to complete tasks with minimal supervision.
- Ability to take initiative and problem solve.
- Computer experience with web applications, Microsoft Office and basic database knowledge.
Applicants should submit a letter of intent (including confirmation that the applicant is eligible for the position according to the eligibility guidelines for the Young Canada Works program at www.youngcanadaworks.ca) with a current resume to the attention of Gregory Elgstrand, Curator, Art Gallery at Evergreen/Visual Arts Manager, Evergreen Cultural Centre, 1205 Pinetree Way, Coquitlam, BC V3B 7Y3, via e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or fax at 604.927.6559 no later than 17:00 (5:00 PM) Thursday 25 May 2017. Only those applicants selected for interviews will be contacted.
For further information, e-mail email@example.com. No telephone calls please.