Welcome to the Evergreen Cultural Centre job posting board.
The Evergreen Cultural Centre, located in Coquitlam City Centre, houses a 257-seat studio theatre, art gallery, rehearsal studio and several artist studios to showcase its programs and those of the community. Its mission is to be known as the choice cultural destination by providing the community with engaging, quality entertainment, exhibitions and arts programs in a welcoming environment.
Spring Camp Leader
Applications accepted until Wednesday, February 15, 2017, 5:00 PM.
Length of employment: 5 days
Hours: Monday through Friday from 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM
Salary: $28.00/hour +12% in lieu of benefits
Start Date: Monday, March 20, 2017
The Evergreen Cultural Centre in Coquitlam seeks an enthusiastic, experienced and qualified artist or arts educator to co-develop and co-lead Kids in the Art Studio spring arts camp for kids ages 6-11. The Evergreen’s popular arts camps provide kids with entertaining and enlightening creative activities that build their awareness and understanding of the place of the arts in everyday life.
The Spring Camp Leader will work closely with the Evergreen Cultural Centre’s programming staff to develop and deliver a collection of weeklong camp activities that run daily from 9:00 AM through 4:00 PM. The Camp Leader will undertake a number of tasks including:
- Develop and deliver age-appropriate hands-on art activities for kids ages 6-11.
- Produce an outline of proposed daily activities in collaboration with Camp Co-Leader one week prior to camp start date (up to 4 hours development time).
- Engage the support of volunteers in the delivery of program activities.
- Produce an installation of camp participant work for presentation to parents and caregivers on Friday.
- Monitor and supervise participants to ensure their safety.
Candidates will be dynamic, creative, and resourceful artists or arts educators and will possess:
- Demonstrated proficiency or experience in public engagement and educational program planning and delivery in the visual arts for participants between the ages of 6-11.
- Exceptional communication skills in one-on-one and large group situations.
- Previous experience in art camps or classroom settings an asset.
Applicants should submit a letter of intent along with a current resume to the attention of Gregory Elgstrand, Curator, Art Gallery at Evergreen and Visual Arts Manager, via email at: email@example.com. Applications will be accepted until 5:00 PM on Wednesday, February 15, 2017. Only those applicants selected for interviews will be contacted. Please contact by email for further information. No telephone calls please.