Volunteers at the Evergreen Cultural Centre have a passion for the arts and for supporting their community through volunteerism. If you’re interested in becoming part of our volunteer team, you can apply anytime, however, keep in mind that we focus on filling positions during key months of the year: January, April, June, and August.
You must be 15 + years of age, fluent in English, have lived in Canada for at least 9 months, willing to consent to an interview, a Criminal Records Check and you have a current email address you check regularly.
Full-time and Part-time Students
We have short-term (1 day and 1 week) volunteer opportunities during the summer.
We recruit volunteers for the position of Arts Camp Counsellor in January and April. We also recruit Canada Day volunteers in June.
Students may also find the Coat Check attendant position fulfills their need for volunteer hours. We recruit in August for this position, but you are welcome to submit a request to volunteer, anytime.
Working Adults, Part-time Students, Retirees & Stay-at-home Parents
For ongoing, long-term opportunities (annual season, or longer), submit a request to volunteer in one of our volunteer areas:
- Front of House – usher, or coat check
- Gallery – gallery greeter
- Education Program – workshop assistant
You’re welcome to apply anytime, however we focus on filling most positions during January and August.
The majority of volunteer positions require each volunteer to commit to a minimum of 1 shift a month. Shifts are between 2 – 4 hours long.
All positions require an interview, screening and orientation session prior to your first shift.
Our Volunteer Process
If you have a friendly, positive attitude, an interest in developing your leadership skills, gaining work experience, or just connecting with other volunteers and your community, we want to hear from you!
- Submit a request to volunteer
- I’ll contact you by phone or email
- Review the Position Descriptions and Volunteer Handbook
- Interviews are an opportunity to chat about your interests and ask questions
- The next step for successful applicants, is to complete a Criminal Records Check
- Successful applicants must also complete an application and image release form
- Review the schedule of available shifts and sign up for your first shift
Filio Kondylis | Volunteer Coordinator | 604-927-6561