ENJOY A SAFE NIGHT OUT AT EVERGREEN
Following the instructions and guidance of the Provincial Health Officer, Evergreen’s theatre is officially open, and our 25th Anniversary Season is on sale now! Our staff and volunteers are thrilled to welcome audiences back for new events this season.
The Art Gallery at Evergreen is open as usual with thought-provoking works by local visual artists both inside the gallery and on the exterior windows of our theatre lobby.
The Gallery is open Thursday – Sunday, and is free to attend.
SAFETY OVERVIEW | PLAN YOUR VISIT
ARE YOU READY TO RECONNECT WITH THE ARTS?
We can’t wait to reconnect with you. While we do our best to keep our staff, artists, audiences, and volunteers safe, we will be maintaining all COVID-19 safety protocols across our organization as we welcome visitors back to our event spaces and studios:
PROOF OF VACCINATION REQUIRED
EVERGREEN will require proof of vaccination (POV) for all patrons, artists, staff, volunteers, rental events, and workshops who visit our venue. This applies to ALL PEOPLE born in 2009 or earlier (12+).
- This requirement is in place for all patrons and gallery visitors until further notice.
- School & Public Programs students Grades K – 12 will not require POV.
- Vaccine Cards will be scanned upon entering Evergreen, so be sure to have your QR code and ID ready.
MASKS ARE STILL MANDATORY IN ALL INDOOR SPACES
YES, ALL PATRONS, STAFF & RENTERS MUST WEAR MASKS.
- Evergreen staff & volunteers will continue to wear masks while working in our facility.
- Masks must be worn properly, fully covering the face from nose to chin.
- Please stay home if you feel sick. We have developed supportive contracts and ticketing policies, so you won’t lose money if you need to cancel due to COVID-19 concerns.
KEEP 2M (6FT) OF DISTANCE FROM OTHER VISITORS
MAINTAIN A GOOD DISTANCE FROM ANY VISITORS THAT ARE NOT PART OF YOUR BUBBLE/HOUSEHOLD.
- In accordance with the latest BC Public Health Order, Evergreen will be operating at 50% capacity until February 20, 2022.
- Maximum capacities are set for every room based on activity.
- Barriers are installed where spaces are tight.
- Distancing markers are installed both inside and outside the facility.
- We’ve changed how our staff work throughout the building to make space for one another.
PRACTICE GOOD PERSONAL HYGIENE
WASH YOUR HANDS FREQUENTLY & COVER YOUR COUGHS AND SNEEZES USING THE CROOK OF YOUR ELBOW.
- Dedicated handwashing stations or hand sanitizer will be available in every area of our facility.
- We’ve posted reminders to wash hands throughout the day and after touching shared materials or equipment.
- Targeted cleaning and sanitizing of high-touch surfaces and equipment will happen before each event.
- Cleaning supplies and instructions for use are provided to rental groups to use during events.
We’re also continuing our great relationship with Total Green Commercial Cleaning and Maintenance for daily deep cleaning and sanitizing of our facility.
BE SAFE, BE KIND.
PLEASE TREAT OUR STAFF AND OTHER VISITORS WITH RESPECT. VISITORS UNWILLING TO FOLLOW OUR SAFETY PLAN MAY BE ASKED TO LEAVE.
- As we all move forward together, Dr. Bonnie has instructed businesses & non-profits to make decisions based on their unique circumstances.
- Dr. Bonnie has informed the public to be respectful of the different rules they might encounter as we go through these transition phases.
COMMON SYMPTOMS OF COVID-19:
Fever | Chills | Dry Cough | Sore Throat | Runny Nose | Fatigue
Source: BC CDC
The health and safety of our staff, artists, patrons, and their families are our top priority as we welcome visitors back into our space. If you appear to be sick, you will be asked to leave.
PLEASE NOTE: Our safety measures will change to adapt to the latest information from BC’s provincial health officers and Evergreen’s safety policies. | Last Updated: January 18, 2022
At Evergreen Cultural Centre, we take the health and safety of our patrons, staff, and artists very seriously. We have been fine-tuning our safety procedures since re-opening the Art Gallery at Evergreen in June of 2020 with the health of our community in mind. Evergreen Cultural Centre’s Communicable Disease Safety Plan and Proof of Vaccination policy will apply to all events, exhibitions, classes, and clients booking rental space at Evergreen. We also want to acknowledge the ActSafe Safety Association, Canadian Museums Association, and BC Recreation and Parks Association for their invaluable input.