Open Call for Emerging Creators
Evergreen Cultural Centre invites Emerging Creators ages 18-30 to submit their application to be part of our Evergreen Emerging Creators Committee (EECC). This includes performing, visual, and multidisciplinary artists, writers and poets, curators and administrators, agents and managers, marketers and/or technicians, and anyone working in the Performing and Visual Arts Sector in BC, Canada.
Evergreen Cultural Centre advocates for equity and is committed to ensuring representation in its community, addressing issues of diversity and anti-racism. We welcome and thank applications from members of racialized communities, BIPOC, persons with disabilities, persons of diverse sexual orientations, gender identities or expression (2SLGBTQ+), and others with the skills and knowledge to productively engage with diverse communities.
We believe it is important for our committee to reflect the many different voices in our communities, and thus we invite and encourage you to self-identify, if you feel comfortable and safe doing so in the application form. Click Here to find out more about Evergreen’s commitments to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion.
JOIN OUR EVERGREEN EMERGING CREATORS COMMITTEE
Help us create new youth engagement programs and events!
Applicants for our Emerging Creators Committee are:
- Age 18-30
- Creative and passionate about Visual and Performing Arts
- Available for the time-commitment and responsibility of organizing and curating an event and designing the Emerging Creators Directory.
- Develop, coordinate, and execute one event that will be included in Evergreen’s 2022 Season.
- Attend free, virtual, and in-person events such as artist talks, conferences, workshops, and panels for Career Advancement.
- Design an Emerging Creators Directory with up-to-date information from artists in the province.
- Monthly Committee meetings.
- Attend committee meetings (one-hour monthly meetings, although that might increase as we approach our event).
- Work collaboratively to design an EECC-curated event, dividing tasks to work on outside of monthly meetings.
- Maintain and develop the Emerging Creators Directory.
Please note that monthly meetings will fluctuate between in-person or virtual meetings. If health guidelines permit, the EECC’s yearly event will be in person at our venue. Click Here to read our current Safety Policies.
All Committee Members will Receive:
- Training and experience in event development and coordination, through mentorships with Staff members, established and emerging Artists.
- Recognition as part of EECC in our website, social media, and/or press for any EECC curated events.
- Access to a network of Artists and Presenters (both emerging and established) from BC. Developing the potential to collaborate, give and receive feedback on upcoming projects, and more.
- Opportunities in career development such as workshops, artist talks, and panels at no cost to our members.
Applications are now open for our EECC!
Please submit your written application by September 30th, 2021 to be part of our Evergreen Emerging Creators Committee (EECC). Applicants will be notified by email by October 31st, 2021.
Have Questions? Need Assistance? Please contact Evergreen’s Youth Engagement & Performing Arts Assistant, Valentina Acevedo Montilla: firstname.lastname@example.org
STAY CONNECTED WITH US!
FOLLOW US ON SOCIAL MEDIA FOR MORE UPDATES
We are the Tri-cities' premiere live event venue, art gallery, community hub + arts education space.
Connect with our Gallery: @artgalleryevergreen
We are a public art gallery at @evergreenarts in Coquitlam, BC. Admission is always free.
Open: Thursday + Friday | 12-6PM
Saturday + Sunday | 12-5PM