Volunteer with Us!
We’re always looking for bright and enthusiastic people to volunteer with Evergreen Cultural Centre.
Our volunteers come from all walks of life, from people with experience in the arts to business workers and students. We are open to anyone who shares our mission and is willing to make a commitment to volunteer their time.
As a volunteer, you may participate in Canada Day festivities, help facilitate spring and summer arts camp projects, greet patrons at one of our many gallery exhibitions, assist at performing arts events and support art educators in the delivery of our school program workshops.
To join our team, you are responsible, enjoy serving the public, know how to work in a team environment, are 15 years of age, and willing to participate in an interview and criminal records check. We will provide you with the information and the training you need to volunteer in your position after you join.
Check out Volunteer Opportunities
Benefits of Volunteering
- Develop leadership skills
- Gain volunteer hours for school
- Connect with other like-minded people
- Be a part of an exciting, creative environment
- Participate in one of our many volunteer recognition events
Do You Meet Our Volunteer Requirements?
- Connect with the Volunteer Coordinator by using the form below
- Tell me what position you’re interested in. Select Volunteer Opportunities
- The Volunteer Coordinator will contact you by phone or email
- The Volunteer Coordinator will set up a time to interview
- After the screening process, we’ll schedule your first shift and orientation session
Position: Arts Camp Counsellor
Must be available during daytime hours, for five days, during spring or summer break.
Position: Workshop Assistant
Must be available during the day, 2 times a month, during public school hours.
Must be available for one season, from September to June.
Position: Gallery Greeter
Must be available between 12 pm and 5 pm, on a Wednesday, or Thursday, or Friday. Occasional weekends available.
Must be available for one season, 2 times a month, from September to August
Position: Front of House
New volunteers start as Ushers or Coat Check volunteers and graduate to other positions such as merchandise sales, busser, concession and bar cash.
Must be available during the evening weekday or weekend, in addition to occasional daytime hours. Shows run seven days a week.
Contact Filio Kondylis – 604-927-6561