VOLUNTEER WITH US!
VOLUNTEER WITH US!
Evergreen’s amazing team of volunteers play a crucial role in the facilitation of our performing + visual arts programming. We’re always looking for positive, art-minded people from all walks of life to join our team, and we are committed to promoting a safe, accessible, and inclusive community of volunteers.
OUR VOLUNTEER PROGRAM
Our dedicated team of volunteers contribute their time + energy to help our staff deliver quality cultural programs in four main areas: performances and events, exhibitions and gallery events, school program workshops and outreach events. Find the Volunteer Role that’s right for you!
THERE ARE FOUR STEPS TO BECOMING A VOLUNTEER:
1. Apply to join our team: Fill out an online application, and our Volunteer Coordinator will get in touch with you. To qualify to volunteer, you must be 15 years of age or older, fluent in English, reliable, and motivated.
2. Come in for an interview: Once your application has been received, our Volunteer Coordinator will invite you to an in-person or over-the-phone interview to learn more about you, and discuss what position you are interested in volunteering for.
3. Screening and Reference Checks: After your interview, approved applicants will be asked to complete a Criminal Records Check, which we will coordinate and cover any costs for. Some volunteers may be asked to also complete a Vulnerable Sector Check if they are working in our Arts Education programs.
4. Join us for an Orientation: Before you start your first Volunteer shift at Evergreen, Our Volunteer Coordinator will meet with you one last time to give you an orientation to our organization (you know, all the finer details: Evergreen policies, online training, and other administrative steps).
WHAT WILL I GET OUT OF VOLUNTEERING?
The Evergreen wouldn’t be half the arts centre it is today without our hardworking team of volunteers. As a non-profit, our volunteers are the core of our organization, and help us bring the best arts experiences + education we can to the Tri-Cities, while keeping our space open, inclusive, and accessible to everyone. Evergreen volunteers share their knowledge + love of the arts with each visitor that they meet, as
well as with each other. And, Evergreen’s volunteers can be found everywhere in our building – from our art gallery and arts education
workshops, to our front of house as ushers, concession assistants, or coat check attendants for our theatre + rental events! By volunteering with us, you’ll be able to gain:
- Teamwork and collaboration skills
- Communication and interpersonal skills
- Problem–solving and analytical skills
- Organizational skills
- Customer service and client service delivery skills
- Access to our Monday Night Member Film Series
- Special updates about Evergreen’s upcoming events
- Special Volunteer events like our annual Volunteer Holiday Party
VOLUNTEER OPEN HOUSE
Join us for our next information session to learn more about what specific volunteer roles are available at Evergreen, and the necessary steps to become a Team Evergreen Volunteer!
When: TBD | Evergreen is currently closed until May 31, 2020
Art Gallery Ambassador
Shifts are available from Wednesday to Sunday during our regular gallery hours.
What does a Gallery Ambassador do?
Arts Education Workshop Assistant
Shifts are available from Monday to Friday during school hours.
What does a Workshop Assistant do?
Summer Art Camps Councillor
Shifts for this volunteer opportunity are perfect for students, and go from Monday to Friday during Summer Break.
What does an Arts Camp Councillor do?
USE THE FORM BELOW & APPLY TO VOLUNTEER TODAY!